Why use stainless steel shot?
Industries that benefit
Stainless steel media are among the most commonly used blasting materials in metallurgy due to its specific properties, especially corrosion resistance. The metallurgy, automotive, shipbuilding and wind power industries are among the sectors that make the most use of this type of blasting material. As a privileged partner of its customers in continuous innovation and quality, Winoa has a wide range covering the needs inherent to each production.
A wide range of products for stainless steel abrasive
Spherical shot or angular grit
Advantages of stainless steel media
Cleanliness, durability, economic
Longer coating durability
Better coating adhesion
Process control repeatability
Higher quality consistency
Stelux stainless steel shot & grits have many advantages over metallic and non-metallic or expandable abrasives.
In addition to having a much lower cost of use than non-recyclable media (when a process for reusing the media exists), these have:
- Considerably increased durability, allowing reuse up to 1000 times
- Higher mass of each grain, which increases energy and cleaning efficiency and speed
- Less machine wear, thanks to its hardness just below the equipment components
- Reduces or could avoid using chemical cleaning or acid pickling processes
- Eliminates the possibilities of having embedded iron particles, avoiding rusting & pitting
- Leaves a thin passive layer that prevents surface corrosion due to the chromium in the mediaas well as almost zero dust blasting production
Customized options on Winoa stainless steel media
Features and descriptions
Your requirements are unique? So is our expertise! Here are a few examples of the options we create for our clients with Stelux™ range. To be able to meet the majority of requirements, from a rough profile to a high nickel content option, Stelux™ range will be able to respond to your needs:
Stainless steel shot: a wide range of applications
Broad Spectrum of Uses
Our stainless steel shot is designed for a wide array of applications, meeting diverse needs across various industries.
- Galvanized steel, non–ferrous metals / casting & parts
- Stainless steel, nickel based, zinc & titanium alloys
- Castings, forgings and welded parts
- Prior powder coatings, painting
- For insulation prep
- Roughening surfaces prior to bonding
- Removal of weldment bluing and surface finishing
Cleaning & Removal
- Brush blasting for “white rust” removal (zinc oxide)
- Paint removal
- Surface preparation & cutting in wet environment
- Removal of heat treatment scales, forgings & castings released agents
- Preconditioning step prior to chemical process or acid pickling
- Ceramic removal & finishing for investment castings
The economic benefit of using stainless steel shot
Why Choose Stelux™ Stainless Steel Grit or Shot?
With significantly lower consumption rates than expandable media, the total cost of “sandblasting” can be reasonably 5 times less using a Stelux™ stainless steel grit or shot product than any other expanding abrasive when using a recycling system.
At similar effectiveness for prepared surfaces, the main savings come from:
- Costs of disposal of dust and used abrasives
- Media consumption
- Maintenance costs
Not to mention increased efficiency through better visibility, better room cleanliness and happy employees!
Discover TMB’s exceptional surface finishing process using W Abrasives Stelux media from Winoa